We have plenty to look forward to in the wintertime, from pretty holiday lights and decorations, to treasured family traditions and delicious food, to celebrating with friends and coworkers at festive gatherings, to making resolutions for bettering ourselves in the new year. Maybe we even enjoy frolicking in the cold, snowy weather on the ski slopes, sledding hills or skating rinks.
However, there’s one unpleasant side effect of the season we can always count on: Dry, chapped, irritated and lackluster skin.
At KP Aesthetics, we offer facial cosmetic procedures in Delaware County to help soothe winter skin because this time of year can take its toll on our bodies in a number of ways:
- Colder temperatures, harsh winds and lower humidity strip your skin of essential moisture and leave it feeling raw and chapped.
- We spend more time spent indoors, where heating systems suck even more moisture out of the air, and no matter how much moisturizer you apply, it never seems to seal all the cracks and restore softness to your skin!
- Temperature fluctuations between outdoors and indoors cause blood vessels to repeatedly expand and contract at a rapid pace, which can make skin red and puffy, especially on your face.
- When skin is already parched, showering and washing hands in hot water multiple times a day can help more than it hurts. Believe it or not, your skin needs to retain some of the oil it produces naturally in order to stay strong and supple.
- Wearing winter clothes such as wool scarves, sweaters and socks can cause additional irritation to dry skin.
- Even changes in diet during the winter can affect your complexion. Indulging in a lot of processed treats filled with refined carbohydrates and sugar can trigger excess oil production and cause breakouts.
It might seem as if there’s no way around these winter skin issues, but there are some steps you can take to protect yourself from the elements and other irritants during the cold weather months. Follow the tips in this infographic, and you might even end up looking and feeling your best this season!
Winter is the perfect time to visit our luxury medical spa in Newtown Square for one of our many therapeutic, restorative facial treatments. We suggest trying an exfoliating microdermabrasion procedure or a chemical peel to strip away old, dull, flaky skin, and a detoxifying hydrafacial to resurface, deeply moisturize and soothe your face, letting your true beauty shine through.
For more information or to schedule an appointment for a hydrafacial, clients in Chester County and the surrounding region are encouraged to call KP Aesthetics or fill out an online contact form today!